Based in the New York office, Jud Welle is a Managing Director, Head of Nardello & Co.’s Digital Investigations & Cyber Defense practice, and Chief Counsel, Cybersecurity & Privacy. Jud manages and leads engagements involving cyber incident response, insider threats, digital forensics, cybersecurity advisory services, and executive and organizational preparedness.
- Jud led multiple investigations involving ransomware, business email compromise, and inadvertent data exposure for a range of organizations
- Jud supervised an investigation into a corporate network intrusion and exfiltration of millions of customer records from an enterprise services company.
- Jud has led several insider threat investigations, including those involving sabotage of virtual servers perpetrated by a disgruntled IT administrator and those involving unauthorized cryptocurrency “mining” activity on a corporate network for a publicly traded media company.
- Jud has advised the board of directors of a major US bank about communications security and supervised implementation of a platform to protect its sensitive deliberations.
Just the Facts
- William & Mary Law School, JD
- Rutgers University, BA, political science and psychology